This course combines material required for Cisco’s VTVS1 and VTVS2 exams so you can gain the skills you need to learn in a compressed time frame. All curriculum and materials adhere to Cisco standards. In addition, TEKnowLogical Solutions offers a hands-on approach to training you cannot receive anywhere else, including live labs and independent servers for each student. We address students’ actual system challenges as learning examples.
What you’ll learn:
Upon course completion you’ll be able to configure, operate, and troubleshoot core Cisco TelePresence and visual communication equipment, including video endpoints, gatekeepers, MCUs, management software, and provisioning.
Additionally, you will learn to add Cisco TelePresence to existing Cisco Unified Communications Manager environments.
- Overview of VTVS1 – Features, functions, design, and deployment planning for Cisco endpoint product sets including C-Series, MX Series and EX Series systems, as well as ATP solutions.
- VTVS2 – Configure, operate, and maintain core visual communication components, including Cisco TelePresence endpoints, gatekeepers, multipoint control units (MCUs), and management software.
- Overview of Cisco TelePresence Equipment – TelePresence Solutions architectures and components such as Cisco TelePresence Video Communications Servers (VCSs), Cisco Unified CM, and Cisco TelePresence MCUs.
- SIP and H.323 Configuration – Fundamentals of the Cisco Video Network, SIP and H.323 call control protocols.
- Cisco VCS Configuration – Configuring the Cisco VCS, the mechanics of call processing, and creating Dial Plans.
- Advanced VCS Features – Security Policies, Certificates and Authentication. Definition and use of Zones (Subzones, Neighbor Zones, Traversal Zones), Firewall Traversal, and Bandwidth Management.
- Video Conference Bridge – Configuring, operating, customizing, and troubleshooting the Cisco TelePresence MCU.
- TelePresence Interoperability Protocol (TIP) – Define TIP and how it is deployed in Cisco TelePresence solutions to help create an ideal user experience.
- Cisco TelePresence Conductor – Configuring and adapting the Cisco TelePresence Conductor across platforms.
- Cisco TelePresence Management Suite – Operating, configuring, administering, and troubleshooting the TMS.
- Cisco TMSPE – Planning, deploying, configuring, and troubleshooting phone books and provisioning components.
- Cisco TelePresence Content Server – Overview of the Cisco TCS, and its relationship with the other components.
- Field engineers and first-line support personnel who implement and support Cisco TelePresence solutions
- Technical staff from Cisco customers, such as video systems engineers and administrators
- Sales engineers from systems integrators and other Cisco partners
- No formal prerequisites, however it is beneficial if students have a working knowledge basic IP networking
- This course prepares you for 500-007 Implementing Cisco TelePresence Video Solutions, Part 1 (VTVS1) exam, as well as 500-006 Implementing Cisco TelePresence Video Solutions, Part 2 (VTVS2) exam.
- 5 days
- Join the class in our Reston, VA training facility or via video conference. Either way, you get hands-on practice with live equipment. A feature of your onsite or online presence is that you are furnished with live servers and endpoint equipment connectivity to configure and validate.
- Scott Waschler, Cisco certified instructor with over two decades of telecommunications industry experience.
Number of students per class: